Roast Pork Loin With Golden Almond Crust
- For the Dijon mustard sauce:
- 1 (4-pound) boneless pork loin roast
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 teaspoon herbes de Provence
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard, or more to taste
- 1/4 cup ( 1/2 stick) unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Season pork with salt and pepper and rub with mustard.
In a food processor, with the motor running, add garlic and process until minced. Add bread crumbs, almonds, parsley and herbs and pulse until mixture is finely chopped. Pat almond mixture over roast, pressing to coat well. Place roast on a rack in a shallow roasting pan and cook for max. 1 hour , or until the crust is lightly browned and a meat thermometer inserted into the center of the roast registers 155 to 160 degrees. Transfer roast to a cutting board and let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
While the pork is cooking, prepare the sauce. In a saucepan over medium heat, simmer chicken broth until reduced to 1 cup. Reduce heat and whisk in mustard; taste. Add additional mustard if desired. Whisk in butter, a few pieces at a time, until butter is incorporated and the sauce is smooth.
You'll also love
- Black Sesame Ahi Tuna with Wasabi... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Mandarin Orange Crispy Chick’n... 4.8/5 (16 Votes)
- Lawry's Roasted Prime Ribs of Beef 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Chili (chicken or beef) 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Braised Pork Chops (low sodium) 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Roast Pork Loin with Garlic and... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Pork Loin with Fig and Port Sauce 5/5 (1 Votes)