Corned Beef & Cabbage Recipe
There's nothing like the smell of corned beef simmering slowly over a warm stove! What an easy way to make a hearty meal of meat and vegetables.
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons finely grated orange peel
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 corned beef brisket with spice packet (2 to 3 pounds)
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 2 quarts water
- 1 cup apple juice
- 8 carrots, cut into 3-inch pieces
- 1 small head cabbage
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 115mins
Adapted from tasteofhome.com
In a small bowl, combine first four ingredients; set aside.
In a Dutch oven, place corned beef and seasoning packet. Add onions, water, and apple juice; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2 to 2.5 hours or until meat is tender.
Remove brisket from cooking liquid and place in a greased roasting pan. Rub sugar mixture over warm meat. Bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, add carrots to cooking liquid. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Cut cabbage into eight wedges, leaving a portion of the core on each wedge; add to carrots. Cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Thinly slice meat; serve with vegetables.
You'll also love
- Fresh Strawberry Margaritas 4.6/5 (28 Votes)
- Buttery Skillet Potato Cake 4.6/5 (28 Votes)
- LOADED MASHED POTATOES 4.6/5 (28 Votes)
- Beefy Macaroni Skillet 4.6/5 (28 Votes)
- Pineapple Star Cookies 4.6/5 (28 Votes)
- Snowman Cheese Ball 4.6/5 (28 Votes)
- Salmon & corn patties 4.6/5 (28 Votes)
- Grilled Cheese Sandwich with Bacon... 4.6/5 (28 Votes)