Tiramisu Parfaits with toasted Almonds
- 1/2 cup coffee liqueur
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup dark corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons instant espresso powder or coffee powder
- 2 tablespoons plus 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temp
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream, chilled
- 12 ounces frozen lb cake, purchased, cut crosswise into 12 slices
- unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup almonds, sliced and toasted
Combine 1/2 cup coffee liqueur, 1/2 cup water, 1/4 cup dark corn syrup, 2 tbsp instant espresso powder and 2 tbsp powdered sugar in small bowl. Blend well.
Combine 5 tbsp espresso syrup, 1/2 cup powdered sugar and 8 oz cream cheese in large bowl. Using electric mixer, beat until smooth and fluffy. Beat 1 1/2 cups chilled whipping cream and remaining 1/4 cup powdered sugar in another large bowl until stiff peaks form. Fold whipped cream into cream cheese mixture. Place 1 pound cake slice in bottom of each of 6 parfait glasses or wine goblets, tearing and pressing pound cake to fit. Drizzle 1 tbsp espresso syrup over each other. Spread 1/3 cup cream cheese filling over each. Repeat layering generously over parfaits. Cover parfaits and refrigerate at least 6 hours or overnight. Top parfaits with toasted sliced almonds and serve.