Champagne Cupcakes with Sweet Champagne Buttercream Frosting
It's a new year! Time for some new cupcakes! The champagne is featured beautifully, but not overpoweringly. The texture is nice and light. And the frosting…well, the frosting may not fit in your New Year’s resolutions, but it’s a unbelievably delicious way to begin the year!
- CHAMPAGNE CUPCAKES:
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 3/4 cup champagne (the sweeter the better, even strawberry would be great!!)
- 6 egg whites
- SWEET CHAMPAGNE BUTTERCREAM FROSTING:
- 3 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons champagne, room temperature
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 25mins
Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Prepare a cupcake pan with liners. (This recipe yielded about 20 for me.)
In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until very light and fluffy. Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together, and then blend into creamed mixture alternately with champagne.
In another large clean bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold 1/3 of the whites into batter to lighten it, then fold in remaining egg whites. Fill the cupcake liners about 2/3 full.
Bake at 350°F (175°C) for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
With an electric mixer, beat together sugar and butter. Mix on low until well blended, and then on medium for another two minutes. Add vanilla and champagne, beating on medium for another minute.
Tip: To thicken the frosting, just add more powdered sugar. To thin it out, you can either add more champagne or a splash of milk. I had to nearly double this recipe to have enough to frost all of the cupcakes as pictured above. If you’re doing a “flatter” frosting style, this recipe should be enough to cover all of the cupcakes! Otherwise, double the frosting recipe.
You'll also love
- Fig-Prosciutto Pizza with Arugula 4.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Rum Fruitcake Cookies 4.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Reindeer Poop 4.4/5 (28 Votes)
- Cheese Fondue 4.4/5 (28 Votes)
- Deep-Fried Cajun Turkey 4.4/5 (28 Votes)
- Easy Banana Pudding Parfaits 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Waffled Brioche French Toast 4.6/5 (13 Votes)
- Bunny Bum Cupcakes 4.6/5 (13 Votes)