CHICKEN GRILLED SATAY
- 1/4 cup (about 2 limes) freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbls sesame oil
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Satay Dip (see below)
- Satay Dip
- Makes 1 1/2 cups
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 1/2 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 1/4 tesp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 bbls white wine vinegar
- 2 tbls soy sauce
- 1 tbls ketchup
- 1 1/2 tsp freshly squeezed lime juice
1. In a large bowl, combine lime juice, canola oil, soy sauce, and sesame oil. Add chicken, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 6 hours or over night.
2. Heat grill. Arrange chicken on grill. Cook about 10 min. on each side. Transfer to a board. When cool, slice chicken 1/2” thick; halve larger slices. Thread onto wooden skewers. Serve with satay dip.
in a small saucepan, heat sesame and olive oils over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, ginger, and red pepper flakes and cook stirring frequently, until onion is soft and transparent, about 8 min. whisk in peanut butter, brown sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, ketchup and lie juice; cook 1 min. transfer to a bowl to cool.