Pan-Seared Pork Chops With Roasted Avocado, Broccoli and Sherry Vinaigrette
- Kosher salt
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 4 or 5 thick-cut boneless or bone-in pork chops (6 to 8 ounces each)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Flesh of 2 or 2 1/2 firm Hass avocados, cut lengthwise into quarters
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for the avocados
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons sherry vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced shallot
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 55mins
Adapted from washingtonpost.com
Fill a mixing bowl with ice water.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
Bring a pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add a generous pinch of salt, then the broccoli florets. Blanch for no more than 3 minutes, then drain and transfer to the ice-water bath to stop the cooking. Cool, then drain and dry thoroughly.
Season the pork chops lightly with salt and pepper.
Heat the vegetable oil in a large, ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Once the oil shimmers, add the pork chops; sear until golden brown in spots, 4 to 6 minutes for each side. The chops will be medium-rare; transfer to the oven for further cooking, if desired. The internal temperature of the meat should be no higher than 145 degrees; let the chops rest for at least 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, season the avocado quarters lightly with salt and pepper, then drizzle sparingly with olive oil and rub to coat. Arrange them cut side up on the baking sheet and roast for 15 to 20 minutes; the edges will be lightly browned.
Heat 1 tablespoon of the extra-virgin olive oil in a medium sauté pan over medium heat. Once the oil shimmers, stir in the garlic; cook for 30 seconds, then add the blanched broccoli florets and stir to coat. Season lightly with salt and pepper; cook just until warmed through, then remove from the heat.
Combine the remaining 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil, the vinegar and shallot in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Whisk to form an emulsified vinaigrette.
Place a chop at the center of each plate, then arrange the broccoli and 2 roasted avocado quarters alongside. Drizzle all components with the vinaigrette. Serve warm.
You'll also love
- Smoky Clams for Two 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Pork Chops with Sweet Potato Hash 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- SHRIMP AND BURST SUN GOLD TOMATO... 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- 5-Ingredient Beef Stew 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Man Pleasing Gluten Free Blueberry... 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Pulled Pork Nachos 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Grilled Pork Tenderloin with... 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Roasted broccoli 4.8/5 (5 Votes)