CABBAGE SWEET AND SOUR
- 4 STRIPS THICK SLICED BACON DICED
- 1 TSP ALL-PURPOSE FLOUR
- 2/3 CUP DRY WHITE WINE
- 2/3 CUP APPLE JUICE
- 2 TB APPLE CIDER VINEGAR
- 2 TB PURE MAPLE SYRUP
- 2 TB DIJON MUSTARD
- 1/2 TSP RED PEPPER FLAKES
- 1 bag coleslaw mix (16 oz)
- 1 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
Salt and lemon juice to taste
Saute bacon in a sauté pan over medium heat until crisp. Transfer to a paper-towel lined plate, pour off all but 1 TB drippings
Whisk in flour, deglaze with wine. Add next 5 ingredients and simmer until slightly syrupy (five minutes).
Pour hot mixture over coleslaw and onion in a bowl; toss. Finish with remaining ingredients.