Kentucky Hot Brown
- 3 ounces turkey breast roasted, sliced
- 1 slice white bread toasted
- 2 slices tomato
- 2 slices bacon cooked, drained
- 2 ounces butter
- 3 ounces flour
- 3/4 cup cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup Swiss cheese grated
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground white pepper to taste
Sauce: Heat butter and add flour. Whisk and slowly cook for 5 minutes. Whisk in cream and milk; heat. Whisk in cheese until melted. Season. Simmer for 30 minutes. Sauce should be very thick.
Quarter toast and place in oven-safe dish. Top with turkey and tomatoes. Cover well with sauce. Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes. Garnish with bacon.
This recipe yields 1 serving.