No Fry Tortilla Chips
- 12 corn tortillaqs
1. Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
2. Immerse tortillas one at a time, in water. Let drain bienly, then lay flat.
3. If desired, sprinkle tops lightly with salt or other spices. Cut each tortilla into 6or 8 wedges.
4. Cover a non-stick baking pan with a single layer of tortillas wedges, salt side up. Place close together but do not overlap.
5. Bake for approximately 5 minutes. Turn with a spatula; then continue to bake until golden brown and crisp, approximately 3 more minutes for corn tortillas and 1 minute for flour tortillas. Watch carefully to avoid scorching. Store in a air-tight container until ready to serve.