Chocolate Peanut Butter Layer Dessert
- 1 (15.25-ounce) box Dark Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 15 miniature peanut butter cups, chopped
- 1 (3.9-ounce) package instant chocolate fudge pudding mix
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 (16-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Miniature peanut butter cups for garnish
Adapted from spicysouthernkitchen.com
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a 13X9X2-inch baking pan.
2. In a large bowl, mix together cake mix, egg, and butter. Press into bottom of prepared pan.
3. Bake for 15 minutes and let cool completely.
4. Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and peanut butter until smooth. Gradually add confectioners' sugar and heavy cream.
5. Stir in chopped peanut butter cups. Spread on top of cake layer.
6. In a bowl, whisk together pudding mix and milk for 2 minutes. Pour on top of cream cheese layer.
7. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Spread whipped topping on top and garnish with chopped peanut butter cups.