Baked Chicken Nachos
16 servings. 4 1/2 stars.
- 2 med sweet red peppers, diced
- 1 med green pepper, diced
- 3 t canola oil, divided
- 15 oz can black beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 t minced garlic
- 1 t dried oregano
- 1/4 t ground cumin
- 2 1/4 c shredded rotisserie chicken
- 4 1/2 t lime juice
- 1/8 t salt
- 1/8 t pepper
- 7 1/2 c tortilla chips (may want to use less)
- 8 oz pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 1/4 c thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 c minced fresh cilantro
- 8 oz sour cream
- 2-3 t diced pickled jalapeño peppers, optional
- Other options: green chilies, sliced black olives, grape tomatoes (halved). Can substitute beef for chicken. Can serve with guacamole or salsa.
In Lg skillet saute peppers in 1 1/2 t oil for 3 minutes until crisp tender; transfer to small bowl. In same skillet saute the beans, garlic, oregano & cumin in remaing oil for 3 minutes until heated through.
Combine chicken, lime juice, salt & pepper. In greased 9x13 in. baking dish layer half of tortilla chips, pepper mixture, bean mixture, chicken, cheese, onions & cilantro. Repeat layers.
Bake uncovered at 350 for 15-20 minutes until heated through. Serve with sour cream & pickled jalapeños if desired.