- Fruit from half a pineapple, chopped
- 3 habanero peppers
- 3 tomatillos
- 2 nopales cactus paddles
- 1 small white onion
- 5-6 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 cup cilantro, stems removed
- Juice from 1 lime
- Salt to taste
Adapted from chilipeppermadness.com
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Carefully remove the needles and nubs from the cactus paddles with a knife. Slice into 1 inch strips and place onto a lightly oiled baking sheet.
To the baking sheet, add chopped pinapple.
Peel and clean tomatillos. Slice in half and place onto baking sheet.
Slice the habaneros and onion in half and set onto baking sheet.
Add garlic to baking sheet.
Bake for 15 minutes.
Transfer roasted mixture to a food processor. Add cilantro, lime juice and salt.
Process until smooth.
Transfer to a bowl and cover. Refrigerate about 4 hours to allow flavors to mingle.
You'll also love
- Charred Corn Salad with Mint,... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- SQUID - Sausage Stuffed Squid 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Bacon & Broccoli Rice Bowl 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Apricots and Plums Poached in... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Fennel And Orange Salad 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Orange pineapple muffin cake 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Pineapple Chocolate Carrot Cake 4.5/5 (4 Votes)