Game Hens Indonesian
- 4 Cornish game hens
- 5 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 5 shallots chopped
- 4 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- Zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 3 jalapeño chiles chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh ginger
- 1 cup ground peanuts
Split and flatten game hens. Combine rest of ingredients in a bowl and mix together. Place the split hens in a bowl and pour marinade over them until well-coated. Chill in the refrigerator for about 3 hours.
Prepare a charcoal fire or preheat a gas grill. Cook hens over hot coals, turning once or twice. Cook about 10 to 15 minutes on each side until cooked through. Happy grilling!
This recipe yields 4 servings.