Chard, White Bean, and Potato Soup
- 2 15-oz. cans cannellini or navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped into 1/2-inch pieces (1 1/4 cups
- 1 small onion, quartered and thinly sliced (1 cup)
- 4 medium new potatoes (1 1/4 lb.), sliced into 1-inch-thick half-moons
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (2 tsp.)
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 10 cups stemmed Swiss chard leaves, coarsely torn
1. Smash 3/4 cup beans in bowl with back of fork to form paste; set aside.
2. Heat oil in large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add bell pepper and onion, and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Cook 5 minutes, or until softened. Add potatoes, and cook 10 minutes, or until tender. Stir in garlic, and cook 2 minutes more.
3. Add broth, 1 cup water, smashed and whole beans, and nutmeg to pot; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 12 to 15 minutes. Add chard, and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Simmer 5 minutes, or until chard is wilted.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (488 Votes)
- Oven-Roasted Smoked Sausage &... 4.5/5 (397 Votes)
- Smothered Chicken with Mushrooms &... 4.5/5 (379 Votes)
- Cheesy Chicken ‘n Spinach... 4.5/5 (217 Votes)
- Texas Trash Warm Bean Dip 4.5/5 (184 Votes)