coconut-key lime squares
- 8 tbsp cold unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces, plus more, softened, for pan
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3 3 tbsp light brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp coarse salt
- 1/2 cup finely shredded desiccated unsweetened coconut
- 3 ounces white chocolate, coarsely chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup fresh key lime juice or regular lime juice
- 1 tbsp confectioners sugar for dusting
preheat oven to 400. lightly butter an 8-inch square baking pan. Line bottom and 2 sides of pan with parchment, leaving a 1-inch overhang; lightly butter the parchment.
2. combine flour, brown sugar, and salt in a food processor, and pulse a few times to combine. Add butter, and pulse until largest pieces are the size of peas. Add coconut and white chocolate, and pulse a few more times, just until mixture holds together. Transfer mixture to pan, and pack down firmly with the bottom of a measuring cup. Bake until crust is deep golden brown, 18 to 20 minutes. Remove from the oven, and reduce the heat to 300.
3. Filling: whisk together eggs and granulated sugar in a bowl, then whisk in flour. Gently stir in lime juice.
4. Pour filling over hot crust, and bake until filling is set, about 15 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
5. Run the tip of a knife along the 2 sides of the pan not lined with parchment paper, then remove from pan by lifting with parchment overhang. Transfer to a cutting board, dust with confectioners sugar, and cut into 1-inch squares. Bars can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature 2 days.
You'll also love
- Kristi's Mamma Kyle's Old Fashion... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Pasta Carrabba 4/5 (1 Votes)
- ROAST STUFFED PORK LOIN WITH... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Pork Chops with Mango Chutney 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Nathan's Lemon Cake 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- COCONUT JEWEL COOKIES 4/5 (1 Votes)
- ...How to Substitute Orange... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Lemon, lime Sour Mix 4/5 (1 Votes)