Eggs Duran Ala Lynne
- 3 medium red potatoes sliced 1/4" thick
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1 bunch green onions diced
- 4 medium to large mushrooms - (to 5) chopped
- 1 pound Jimmy Dean hot sausage cooked, crumbled, and drained
- 8 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 pound cheddar cheese grated
Slice potatoes, salt and pepper to taste (I always add little sugar to anything I salt. It adds a wholeness to the flavor.) and cook in light oil. Crumble sausage into skillet and cook, covered, on medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. (This sausage is spicy rather than hot). Dice onions and saute in butter as you chop mushrooms, then add to onions.
When sausage is done, drain WELL (very important to a clean taste of the dish). Add onion/mushrooms to sausage and mix. Beat eggs with water, salt and pepper to taste.
In prepared pan, layer potatoes, then sausage. Add eggs; move around in the potato/onion/mushrooms to incorporate ingredients. Top with cheese. Bake at 350 degrees 20 to 25 minutes. Done when toothpick comes out clean.
This recipe yields 4 to 6 servings.