Chicken With Raspberry Vinegar
- 2 chicken breasts skinned, boned, and cut in half
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil - (to 3) (or vegetable oil)
- 1/2 pound shallots (or small boiling onions)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons raspberry vinegar (or red wine vinegar)
- 3/4 cup quick cooking rice
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries (drained thawed frozen raspberries may be used)
Lightly sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Heat a 4- or 6-quart pressure cooker; add oil and brown chicken breasts. Add shallots, chicken broth, and vinegar. Close cover securely. Place pressure regulator on vent pipe. Cook for 3 minutes, at 15 pounds pressure, with pressure regulator rocking slowly. Cool cooker at once. Remove chicken and keep warm.
Return pan to heat and bring liquid to a boil. Stir in rice; remove pan from heat. Let stand 5 minutes. Gently stir in raspberries. Serve with chicken.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Nutrient Information Per Serving: Calories 402; Protein 32 gm; Fat 12 gm; Sodium 398 mg; Cholesterol 73 mg.