Texas Roadhouse Rolls
- Texas Roadhouse Rolls
- 4 tsp active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 2 cups milk, scalded and cooled to lukewarm
- 3 tbsp melted butter, slightly cooled
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 7 - 8 cups purpose flour
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 tsp salt
- Cinnamon Honey Butter
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp cinnamon
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from jocooks.com
1. Dissolve yeast in warm water with a teaspoon of sugar. In the bowl of your mixer add yeast, milk, sugar and enough flour to make a medium batter. Beat thoroughly. Let stand until light and foamy. 2. 2. Add melted butter, eggs and salt. Beat well.
Add enough flour to form a soft dough. Add additional flour as needed and using the dough hook of your mixer, mix for about 4 or 5 minutes. Place the dough in an oiled bowl and cover and let rise in a warm place until double in bulk.
3. Punch down. Turn out onto a floured board. Divide into portions for shaping; let rest 10 minutes. Shape dough into desired forms. Place on greased baking sheets. Let rise until doubled.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Baste immediately with butter.
5. To make the Cinnamon Honey Butter, whisk all ingredients together.
Total time does not include time required for letting the dough rise, as that time varies.
Recipe source Eat Cake for Dinner