Breakfast Burrito with Butternut-Apple and Veggie Sausage Hash
- 2 links veggie breakfast sausage, finely chopped (1 cup)
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and shredded (4 cups)
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce, divided, plus more for serving
- 4 large eggs
- 4 8-inch flour tortillas
1. Heat large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, and spray with cooking spray. Add veggie sausage, and sauté 3 minutes. Add butternut squash, and cook 10 to 12 minutes, or until squash begins to crisp and brown. Stir in 1/2 cup applesauce, and cook 1 minute. Remove from heat, and keep warm.
2. Heat small non-stick skillet over medium heat, and spray with cooking spray. Whisk eggs with 1/4 cup water in measuring cup, and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Pour one-quarter of egg mixture into skillet, and cook 1 to 2 minutes until cooked through, creating very thin crêpe. Slide onto plate, and cover with parchment paper. Repeat with remaining egg mixture.
3. Spread each tortilla with 1 Tbs. applesauce, then top with egg crêpe and 1 cup butternut mixture. Fold sides of tortilla over filling, then roll from bottom up. Serve with additional applesauce.