Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispie Treats
These delicious rice krispie treats are perfect for fall with the perfect hint of pumpkin spice flavor! I like to make them in a smaller dish so each treat is thicker, but if you have a large crowd to feed, stick with the original sized pan.
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 (10-ounce) bag mini marshmallows
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- allspice, to taste
- freshly grated nutmeg, to taste
- kosher salt, to taste
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from keyingredient.com
Butter a 9x13-inch baking dish.
In a heavy saucepan or Dutch oven, melt butter over medium-low heat. Add the pumpkin puree and continue to cook until it is warmed through. Fold in 10 ounces of the marshmallows, stirring frequently until almost completely melted. Stir in vanilla, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, and salt, and remove from heat.
Allow the marshmallow mixture to cool 10 minutes; fold in the remaining cup of marshmallows. Continue to cool the mixture for another 20 to 25 minutes until it is room temperature (failure to cool the mixture will result in soggy rice crispy treats.) Add the puffed rice cereal and stir, using a silicone spatula, until combined.
Press the mixture into the greased rectangular baking dish. Let set for 30 minutes before cutting and serving.
You'll also love
- Sweet Potato Breakfast Burritos 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Fast Fry Beef and Kale 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Creme Brulee Tart 4.6/5 (21 Votes)
- Blueberry Lavender Hand Pies 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Zucchini Pizza 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Quinoa Pumpkin Pancakes 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Macadamia Nut & White Chocolate... 4.6/5 (20 Votes)
- Layered Pumpkin Dessert 4.4/5 (26 Votes)