HG's Mini Dutch Apple Pies
- 1 1/2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 2 cups diced Fuji apples
- 2 cups diced Granny Smith apples
- 1 tbsp. light butter
- 1 package refrigerated Pillsbury Crescent Recipe Creations Seamless Dough Sheet
- 2 sheets (8 crackers) cinnamon graham crackers, crushed
Adapted from keyingredient.com
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with nonstick spray (butter flavored, if available).
2. In a large nonstick pot, combine cornstarch with 3/4 cup water, and stir to dissolve. Add Splenda, lemon juice, cinnamon, salt, and both kinds of apples. Stir well.
3. Set heat to medium. Stirring frequently, cook until apples have slightly softened and mixture is thick and gooey, 6 - 8 minutes.
4. Stir in butter, and remove from heat.
5. Roll or stretch out dough into a large rectangle of even thickness, at least 12 inches by 9 inches. Evenly cut dough into 12 squares. Place each square in a muffin cup, and press it into the bottom and up along the sides.
6. Evenly distribute apple mixture among the dough cups.
7. Bake until golden brown, 10 - 12 minutes.
8. Sprinkle with crushed graham crackers, and let slightly cool, about 10 minutes.
9. Gently remove pies from the pan.