Deviled Chicken Strata
- 4 cups herb-seasoned croutons
- 3 cups cubed chicken
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped pimento
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 4 eggs slightly beaten
- 2 cups half-and-half (I use milk and 1 cup non-fat non-dairy creamer)
Place half the croutons in a non-stick sprayed 11- by 17-inch baking dish; set aside.
In a large bowl, mix chicken, celery, pepper, onion, and pimento. Fold in mayonnaise or salad dressing and mustard. Spread chicken mixture over croutons in dish. Top with cheese and remaining croutons.
Combine eggs and half-and-half with whisk or fork. Pour egg mixture over crouton mixture. Cover and refrigerate from 2 to 24 hours.
Bake uncovered for at least 1 hour at 325 to 350 degrees. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
This recipe yields ?? servings.