Red potato salad with bacon
- 6 cups cubed red-skinned potatoes, unpeeled (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 2 oz. bacon (2 or 3 strips)
- 1 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1/4 cup sliced scallions (about 2 scallions)
- 1/4 cup EVOO
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp mayo
- Fresh ground pepper
1) Put potatoes in a large pot; add water just to cover and season with 1/4 tsp salt. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and cook until tender, 8-10 minutes. Drain and cool slightly.
2) Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a large skillet until crisp. Drain on paper towels and finely chop.
3) In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, chopped bacon, bell pepper, onion, and scallions.
4) In a small bowl, whisk the olive oil, vinegar, mustard, mayo, 1/4 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp pepper. Pour over potato mixture, tossing gently to coat.
5) Cover and refrigerate or serve at room temperature.
You'll also love
- Roasted Chicken Breasts with... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Summer Macaroni Salad 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Pork & Onion Kabobs 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Cheesy Chicken Bacon Broccoli and... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Broccoli Bacon Salad 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Cindy's German Potato Salad 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Red Potato-Cauliflower Salad... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Garlic Mashed Red Potatoes 4.5/5 (2 Votes)