Crimini Mushroom Cream Sauce With Ham And Eggs
- 8 puffed pastry shells baked according
- to directions on package
- 6 tablespoon margarine
- 3/4 pound crimini mushrooms thinly sliced
- 8 ounces sliced ham finely diced
- 2 tablespoons cooking sherry
- 6 tablespoons enriched flour
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground white pepper
- 3 cups milk
- 6 hard boiled eggs peeled, sliced
- Fresh dill
- Red cherry tomatoes
- Mango chutney
In a 2-quart saucepan, melt margarine and add mushrooms; cook until mushrooms are limp. Add ham and sherry; simmer for 2 minutes. Add flour, dry mustard, curry powder, seasoning salt, and pepper. Turn up heat to medium and cook until flour and seasonings are completely incorporated.
Add milk and stir constantly until sauce comes to just below boiling point. Cook for approximately 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Slice eggs; separate slices while adding to the sauce. Fold gently into sauce.
Reheat pastry shells and tops in 350 degree oven for 5 minutes. Remove from oven. Scoop about 1/3 cup filling into center and put top on shell. Put in oval ramekin to serve. Garnish with fresh dill, red cherry tomato, and mango chutney.
This recipe yields 8 servings.