SHRIMP AND BURST SUN GOLD TOMATO PASTA
The Local Palate
- 1 Pound ridged tubular pasta
- 2 Heavy tablespoons high-quality extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 Medium shallot, minced
- 1/2 small Serrano chili, minced
- 1 Pound local Sun Gold tomato (or preferred tiny seasonal tomato), washed and trimmed
- 12 ounces large shrimp, peeled, deveined, and cut in half horizontally
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 5 Large basil leaves, torn
- 1 tablespoon parsley leaves, torn
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Adapted from thelocalpalate.com
1. In large pot, bring 2 quarts of heavily salted water (should taste like the ocean) to a boil.
Drop in pasta and stir. Reduce heat to keep at steady boil, stirring occasionally.
2. Meanwhile start sauce. Place sauté pan over medium-heat. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil. When oil simmers, add shallot and chili and reduce heat to medium. Sauté shallot and chili until soft and translucent, but not brown, about 1 minutes.
3. Add tomatoes and cook until they burst, abut 3-5 minutes.
4. Add shrimp, cook until just done/just opaque. When pasta reaches al dente, use skimmer to transfer to sauté pan. Note: If sauce is done before pasta, remove sauce from heat to not overcook shrimp.
5. Ladle about 1/4 cub pasta water from pasta pot into sauce. turn heat to high and cook sauce and pasta together for about 1 minutes. Add butter and remaining oil and vigorously stir until all is incorporated. Stir in herbs. Add sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste and serve immediately. Tastes like summer!
Yield: 2 entree servings or 4 appetizer servings.
You'll also love
- 5-Ingredient Beef Stew 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Man Pleasing Gluten Free Blueberry... 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Leeks in Vinaigrette 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Soybean Salad with Walnut Pesto,... 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Herb Tuna Salad, Clementine... 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Zucchini Pasta 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Mussels in Red Sauce 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Shrimp Scampi Ravioli with Lemon... 4.8/5 (5 Votes)