Creamy Mexican Street Corn
- 1 can whole kernel corn (15.25 ounces), drained
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons diced canned green chiles
- 1 teaspoon diced fresh or pickled jalapeño pepper, or more to taste
- Kosher salt and cracked pepper, to taste
- 1 –2 tablespoons crumbled cotija cheese
- Chopped cilantro, to taste
- Paprika, to taste
1. Place corn, cream cheese, chiles, jalapeños, salt and pepper in a small saucepan and cook until cream cheese is melted and ingredients thoroughly incorporated.
2. Spoon heated mixture into small bowls and top with crumbled cotija cheese, cilantro and paprika.
3. Spoon cheese sauce over noodles, dividing evenly among dishes. Make a small indentation in the center of each noodle-filled cup and break an egg into each. Dot eggs with remaining butter and sprinkle with remaining cheese and paprika.
4. Set custard cups on a baking sheet and bake until whites are set and yolks are still soft, about 25 minutes.