Cornish Hens With Dressing
- 6 boned Cornish hens sprinkled with
- Poultry seasoning to taste
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup chopped onions
- 1/3 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup oil or butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic or a sprinkle of dried
- 2 tablespoons either honey or pineapple or orange marmalade
- 1 cup minced apples
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs or cooked rice
- 1/2 cup diced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, pecans, etc.
- Butter for brushing
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- Paprika to taste
- Bay leaves to taste
- White wine as needed
Cook celery, onions, and carrots in oil or butter with garlic. Combine with remaining ingredients and stuff Cornish hens with mixture.
Brush with butter and add bay leaves and white wine to pan. Pepper Cornish hens and sprinkle with paprika.
Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Chicken With Apple-Brandy Cream... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken Salad With Cranberry... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken Breast Banten 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken And Spinach Cakes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Z-Bar Corn Casserole 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Wood Grilled Veal Rib Chop With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Berry Delicious Cornish... 0/5 (0 Votes)