Broccoli Bacon Salad
haven't tried this yet - from paleoinpdx.com
- 1 large head broccoli, chopped (peel & chop stems too)
- 1/8 cup sweet onion, finely chopped
- 4 slices good quality bacon, cooked & chopped
- 1/4 cup unsweetened dried currants
- 3-4 Tbsp raw sunflower seeds
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 tsp full-fat coconut milk (I like this brand or this brand)
- 1/4 tsp raw honey
- 1/8 tsp mustard powder
- Himalayan sea salt and pepper to taste
Adapted from paleoinpdx.com
1.In a large bowl, mix together the broccoli, onion, bacon, currants and sunflower seeds.
2.In a separate small bowl, whisk together the apple cider vinegar, olive oil, coconut milk, raw honey, mustard powder, sea salt and pepper.
3.Pour dressing over mixture and stir well. Refrigerate at least 6-8 hours or overnight. Pull out of the fridge about 10 minutes before serving, to allow dressing to soften (it firms up in the fridge since it’s an olive oil based dressing).
4.Enjoy with burgers, grilled chicken, steak, fish, etc. Anything really!
You'll also love
- Pork Tenderloin Sliders 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Pasta Salad 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Roasted Pork Loin with Garlic,... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Blue Ribbon Corn Bread 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- German Onion and Bacon Pie... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Louise's Broccoli Casserole 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Broccoli Salad with Agave-Toasted... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)