Maple-Dijon Baked Beans
A summertime (or anytime) entertaining staple that pairs nicely with everything from barbecue chicken to veggie burgers and coleslaw
- 3 cans (15 ounces each) Great Northern beans
- 1 large sweet onion, diced
- 1/8 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 2 teaspoons (each) sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Drain beans and place in a ceramic baking dish. Stir in onions, molasses, maple syrup, mustard, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper. Sprinkle bacon on top of beans. Cover and bake for an hour. Remove lid during the last 15 minutes of baking. Serve topped with a sprinkling of fresh herbs such as chives or parsley, if desired.