Crispy Andouille Hush Puppies
The andouille sausage gives these scrumptious hush puppies a spicy kick! Serve them with an aioli for a great balance between spicy and creamy.
- Vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups self-rising white cornmeal
- 1 cup andouille sausage, diced
- 3/4 cup self-rising flour
- 3/4 cup sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup lager beer
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from myrecipes.com
Pour oil to a depth of 3-inches into a Dutch oven; heat to 375°F. Stir together cornmeal and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl. Add egg, beer, and buttermilk; stir just until moistened. Let stand 10 minutes.
Using a 1-inch cookie scoop, drop batter into hot oil, and fry, in batches, 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on a wire rack over paper towels. Keep warm in a 200° oven.
You'll also love
- Banana Split "Cake" 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Pineapple Upside Down Bread Pudding 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Kids Can Make Popovers with... 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Hot Crab & Shrimp Dip 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- SESAME BEEF AND BROCCOLI 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Ground Beef and Twice-Baked Potato... 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Smoked Sausage Alfredo 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- HASH BROWN CASSEROLE WITH SAUSAGE... 4.5/5 (17 Votes)