Mashed Potatoes with Garlic Olive Oil
- 4 pounds red potatoes, quartered
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 to 3/4 cup whole milk
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, optional
Place potatoes in a Dutch oven; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Meanwhile, place oil and garlic in a small food processor; process until blended.
Drain potatoes; return to pan. Mash potatoes, gradually adding cream, butter, salt, pepper and enough milk to reach desired consistency. Stir in green onions. Serve with garlic olive oil and, if desired, cheese. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
Editor’s Note: For food safety purposes, prepare garlic olive oil just before serving; do not store leftover oil mixture.
You'll also love
- Apple Pie Bars 4.6/5 (47 Votes)
- Broccoli and Sausage Breakfast Bake 4.6/5 (46 Votes)
- Oven Roasted Potatoes 4.6/5 (46 Votes)
- OVEN ROASTED RED POTATOES WITH... 4.5/5 (55 Votes)
- Olive Garden Salad Dressing 4.5/5 (54 Votes)
- Fried Cabbage with Bacon, Onion,... 4.4/5 (61 Votes)
- Fig, Olive Oil & Sea Salt Challah 4.5/5 (49 Votes)