Key Lime Pie Lasagne
Sound weird, tastes great. This simple layered key lime pie is the same dessert that's been your favorite for years—just in a casserole dish.
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts or other nuts, finely chopped
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 2/3 cup whipped topping
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup lime juice
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 egg yolk, slightly beaten
- 5 tablespoons butter
- Green food coloring (optional)
- 1 1/2 cup whipped topping
- 1 cup whipped topping
- 1/3 cup nuts, chopped
Adapted from omgchocolatedesserts.com
Heat oven to 350°F and spray the bottom of 9x9-inch baking dish.
In a bowl combine crust ingredients and stir until well combined and crumbly, then press it into the bottom of baking dish and bake for 20 minutes, remove from the oven and let it cool completely.
Mix cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth and creamy. Fold in 1 cup whipped topping and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla and spread over cooled crust. Set in the fridge.
In medium sauce pan stir together sugar and corn starch, stir in key lime juice and slightly beaten egg yolks, add butter and bring mixture to a very controlled simmer over medium-low heat stirring almost constantly until thickened. It should be able to coat the back of a metal spoon. Remove from heat, cover with plastic foil and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
When key lime custard is cooled completely, add a few drops green food coloring and mix it well. Stir in 1 1/2 cups whipped topping and spread onto cheesecake layer.
Top with 1 cup whipped topping and sprinkle chopped nuts. Set in the fridge for at least 4-5 hours or overnight. You can place it in the freezer and serve like frozen dessert (It defrosts fairly quickly).
You'll also love
- Italian Sausage Soup 4.6/5 (28 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Sticky Caramel Pumpkin... 4.6/5 (28 Votes)
- Strawberry Banana Bread 4.5/5 (31 Votes)
- Deep Fried Apple Pies 4.6/5 (28 Votes)
- Meyer Lemon Vinaigrette 4.7/5 (15 Votes)
- Mandarin Orange & Almond Salad 4.7/5 (15 Votes)
- cheesecake - Raw Vegan Key Lime... 4.7/5 (20 Votes)