Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
- 1 lb. Pasta (I used penne-you could use any fun shaped pasta)
- 1 cup Chicken Breasts, cooked and cubed
- 1 cup Ham, cooked and cubed
- 1 1/2 cups Milk
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese (softened)
- 2 Tbsp. Dried Minced Onion
- 2 cups Swiss Cheese, shredded
- Cayenne Pepper(optional-add to cheese mixture)
- 1 cup Panko Crumbs
- 1/2 cup Butter, melted
Adapted from facebook.com
Bring a large pot of water to a boil over med-high heat. Salt it and add the pasta; cook until al dente (about 11 minutes-I used whole wheat pasta which takes a bit longer than regular pasta). Drain and return to the pot. Add in the chicken and ham and toss to combine.
Preheat the broiler. In a medium saucepan, combine the milk, cream cheese and minced onion over low-medium heat. Cook, stirring frequently, until it becomes a smooth texture (about 5 minutes). Stir into the pasta mixture. Stir in the Swiss cheese and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Transfer pasta to a baking dish and top with Panko crumbs. Pour melted butter over crumbs and broil until browned (I gave it 4 minutes).