Acorn Squash Alfredo, Vegan
Enjoy! This one is yummy for leftovers..!
Also try this without the pasta and just pour the sauce over more veggies!
- ACORN ALFREDO SAUCE
- 4 Cups roasted Acorn Squash (1 medium squash)
- 1 cup parsley (or fresh basil)
- 3/4 cup plain plant milk (almond/hemp/soy)
- 1/3 cup Nutritional Yeast Flakes
- 2-3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2-3 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 2-3 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp roasted garlic
- 2 Tbsp dried Italian herbs (basil, oregano, thyme)
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes or dash of cayenne
- 1 bag pasta-Kamut/Spelt/Brown Rice Penne
- 2-3 cups mushrooms
- optional chipotle drizzle
Adapted from kblog.lunchboxbunch.com
Turn on oven to 350 degrees.
Fill a casserole dish with an inch of water. Slice Acorn Squash in half (horizontal slice as shown) and lay flat in dish. Place in oven to roast at 350 degrees for 60-75 minutes.
When your squash is roasted the skin should peel away quite easily. Remove all skin and place squash flesh in a food processor. Add all other ingredients.
Blend on high for at least 2 minutes. You want all the parsley to chop into fine bits. Set sauce aside.
Boil a pot of salted water. Cook your pasta. 2-3 minutes before the pasta is ready to drain, add mushrooms. Drain as usual. Toss dry pasta in a splash of Olive Oil (opt’l).
Toss warm pasta in your Acorn Alfredo Sauce. Mix well so each pasta bit is coated.
You can either store in fridge and re-heat later–or eat right away–or transfer pasta into an oven safe dish and let heat at 300 degrees for 20 minutes. This will marinate the pasta a bit and soften the sauce. You can even add a sprinkle of vegan cheese on top if you’d like.
You'll also love
- Quinoa Cakes with Spinach and Goat... 4.1/5 (14 Votes)
- Green Beans and Country Ham,... 3.9/5 (17 Votes)
- Rudy’s Country Store and Bar-B-Q... 4/5 (18 Votes)
- 8 Ball Zucchini 4.1/5 (29 Votes)
- Shrimp Corn Fritters with Red... 4.2/5 (10 Votes)
- Acorn squash quick bread 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Farro and Sausage Stuffed Roasted... 4/5 (7 Votes)
Review this recipe