- 2 whole chicken breasts boned, and cut into 1" cubes
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can Italian tomatoes with basil - (28 oz)
- 1 can tomato sauce - (15 oz)
- 3 tablespoons freshly-grated Romano cheese
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 8 ounces lasagne noodles cooked al dente, and drained
- 1/2 cup freshly-grated Romano cheese
- 6 slices mozzarella cheese - (to 8)
Saute chicken, mushrooms, garlic, onion, oregano, basil, and thyme in olive oil until chicken is white. Stir in tomatoes, tomato sauce, 3 tablespoons Romano cheese, carrots, salt, and pepper. Cook uncovered for 5 minutes.
In oiled 9- by 13-inch baking dish, place half the lasagne noodles. Top with half of the sauce, Romano cheese and mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake for 10 additional minutes or until bubbly and cheese melts.
This recipe yields 8 servings.