Bacon White Cheddar Pesto Mac & Cheese
Take your mac and cheese to the next level with this deliciously rich and bacon variation of the tradition dish.
- 1 (16-ounce) package cavatappi pasta
- 16 slices bacon
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups white cheddar cheese, shredded (8-ounces)
- 1/4 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup asiago cheese, shredded
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 35mins
Grease a 2 1/2 or 3 quart baking dish Cook pasta according to package directions until al dente, drain and preheat the oven to 350°F.
Add melted butter with minced garlic in a large sauce pan over medium high heat whisk in flour cook whisking constantly until golden about one minute.
Add milk cream, salt, pepper and whisk until smooth. Bring to a boil whisking often. Reduce heat to medium and add white cheddarand stirring until melted.
Mix Panko and Parmesan in a small bowl and sprinkle evenly over the pasta.
Sprinkle the asiago cheese bake until bubbly and just starting to brown about 11 minutes turn on the broiler broiler until browned two minutes top with remaining bacon.
You'll also love
- Slow-Cooker Mac & Cheese 3.8/5 (3084 Votes)
- Linguine Al Limone with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Fiesta Chicken Chowder 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Creamy Corn Casserole 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken and Broccoli Casserole 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Baked Mac & Cheese 0/5 (0 Votes)
Review this recipe