Grilled Oysters With Lemon Dill Sauce
- LEMON DILL SAUCE:
- 1 dozen tightly-closed fresh oysters in shell - (to 2)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill leaves
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 small garlic clove minced
Prepare your grill grate. When coals are white, spread coals out for even heat distribution. Place the oysters directly on the grate with the deeper shell down. As soon as the shells pop open (about 5 to 8 minutes) the oysters are ready to eat. Serve immediately.
Lemon Dill Sauce: Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and stir well. Refrigerate until chilled; the sauce will thicken as it chills. (Makes about 1 1/2 cups)
This recipe yields 6 to 8 servings.