Soy Glazed Tuna Steaks with Baby Bok Choy
For a delicious Asian-inspired dinner, try these tuna steaks glazed with a salty, sweet, garlicky sauce. Baby bok choy is the perfect accompaniment.
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 5 teaspoons mirin
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 4 tuna steaks, about 4 ounces each (3/4 to 1 inch thick)
- 6 baby bok choy (about 1 1/2 pounds), halved lengthwise, washed and large leaves removed
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 10mins
Adapted from familycircle.com
Combine 1/4 cup water, 2 tablespoons of the soy sauce, the mirin, ginger, sugar and garlic in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Stir together remaining tablespoon soy sauce and cornstarch, then stir into saucepan. Cook for 3 minutes over medium heat or until thickened. Divide sauce into two separate bowls, 5 tablespoons in one bowl and 3 tablespoons in the other.
Prepare grill with medium-hot coals or heat gas grill to medium-high. Brush cut-side of bok choy with about half of the 5 tablespoons of sauce and place cut-side down on grill. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes per side, brushing often with sauce.
Meanwhile, place tuna on grill and brush with about half of the 3 tablespoons of sauce from second bowl. Cook about 4 minutes per side, constantly brushing with sauce. Remove bok choy and tuna from grill and serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Figs Stuffed with Gorgonzola and... 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Asparagus Lasagna 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Roast Pork Tenderloin... 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Northwest Roasted Halibut 4/5 (9 Votes)
- Grilled Tuna Steaks with Mango... 4.1/5 (25 Votes)
- Turkey-Jasmine Rice Meatballs with... 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Baby Bok Choy and Leeks 3.8/5 (28 Votes)