Spicy Barbecured Shrimp or Chicken
Adapted from Emeril Lagasse
- 1 pound of Shrimp or two chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- the juice of one lime or 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
Combine all ingredients and marinate shrimp or chicken for one hour. Grill pouring the marinate over the shrimp or chicken and cook until done.
This works great with shrimp and you can marinate for about an hour. With the chicken you can marinate for several hours.
I put half of the amount of ingredients that was in the main recipe but added a few of others. This works great and is really good. Cook breasts until internal temp is about 150-160 degrees and then rest, covered for about 5 minutes. Moist and tasty.