Bacon, Pineapple, Chicken Kabobs
Pineapple, chicken and veggies interwoven with strips of smoky bacon and slathered with a sweet and sticky Hawaiian sauce
- FOR THE HAWAIIAN SAUCE:
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 2 pounds)
- 1 large pineapple, cut into 1 1/2 inch chunks
- 2 large red bell peppers, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 large onion, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 12 strips of thick cut bacon
- 1 1/2 cups pineapple juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 long skewers
To make the Hawaiian sauce: Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan and stir until the cornstarch is dissolved. Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 2 minutes. Set-aside until ready to use.
2. Thread the skewers. Weave the bacon around each piece of chicken and pineapple, stick the bell pepper and onion together and weave the bacon around both of those. You'll need two strips of bacon per skewer if using 4 pieces of chicken and 3 pieces each of pineapple, bell pepper and onion. Brush some olive or vegetable oil evenly over each kabob.
3. Preheat the grill to medium high. Grill the kabobs for 10-15, turning a couple of times, until done.
4. Slather with hot Hawaiian sauce and serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Raspberry Almond Scones 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Herbed Irish Beef Beer Stew 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Buffalo Chicken Tenders with Tangy... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- BBQ PORK SHOULDER 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Sous Vide Pork Chile Verde 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Bacon and Cheese Hashbrown... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Apple Streusel Cake 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Red Potato, Bacon, Cheddar Cheese... 4/5 (1 Votes)