Apricot and Nut Cookies with Amaretto Icing
A little nutty, a little fruity, and plenty sweet, these apricot and nut cookies with amaretto icing combine the best of several worlds.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 1 3/4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 5 to 7 tablespoons almond flavored liqueur such as amaretto
Preparation time 130mins
Cooking time 160mins
In a large bowl, beat the butter, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg. Add the flour, mix in the apricots, almonds and pine nuts.
Transfer the dough to a sheet of plastic wrap and shape into a log, about 12 inches long and 1 1/2 inches in diameter. Wrap the dough in the plastic and refrigerate for 2 hours.
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
Cut the dough log into 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick slices, place on baking sheet, spacing evenly apart.
Bake about 15 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
Mix the icing ingredients together and using a spoon or fork, drizzle the cookies with icing, allowing the icing to set before serving.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (888 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (892 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (741 Votes)
- Jalapeno Popper Spread 4.5/5 (685 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (498 Votes)
- Impossible Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes 4.5/5 (405 Votes)
- Christmas Pecan Balls 4.6/5 (311 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (311 Votes)