Buffalo Run Breakfast Strata
- 1/2 pound cheddar cheese grated
- 12 strips cooked bacon (or cooked sausage or ham, or a combination of these)
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup sliced sun-dried tomatoes
- 8 eggs beaten
- 3 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Layer seasoned croutons over the bottom of greased 9- by 13-inch baking dish. Sprinkle in half of the grated cheese, meat, mushrooms, and sun-dried tomatoes. Repeat layer of cheese, meat, mushrooms, and sun-dried tomatoes.
Beat eggs, milk, mustard, salt and black pepper together and pour over mixture in the pan. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
The next morning, bake at 325 degrees for 50 to 60 minutes or until inserted knife comes out clean. Let stand for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
This recipe yields 6 to 8 servings.