Spicy Sriracha Tomato and Blue Cheese Soup
- 2 TBS Olive Oil
- 1 medium Onion, Diced
- 4 Cloves Garlic, Crushed and minced
- Large 28 OZ Can Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1 TBS sriracha sauce (more if you like it HOT)
- 2 TBS Italian Spices (I used my own mix of "Not Your Grandmother's Herbes de Provence"
- 4 Oz Blue Cheese, crumbled
- Salt and Pepper To Taste
- Garnish with Sour Cream
In a LARGE Soup pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onions and sweat them for a couple of minutes, just until they begin to soften.
Add the garlic and continue to sweat for 2 more minutes
Add the tomatoes with their juices and set the heat to simmer. It takes a couple of hours for them to break down at a low simmer. The longer you simmer, the sweeter they get..
After a couple of hours, use a wand blender and blend until smooth, no lumos.
Add the cream, Sriracha sauce, blue cheese and salt and pepper.
Heat for an additional 5 minutes, until the cheese has all melted.
Use the hand blender again and blend smooth.
Taste, add salt and pepper as needed
Serve HOT and Enjoy! Garnish with Sour Cream and a toasted cheese sandwich!