Creamy Chive Potatoes
- When cooked just right, the potatoes will be tender but should still hold their shape.
- 4 4
- 4 4 1 1/2 1/2-inch Gold potatoes (about 1 1/2 pounds), peeled, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 1/2 1 1/2 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 4 4 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- Kosher salt
- 1/4 1/4 1/4 cup hopped fresh chives
- 10 45 MIN TOTAL: 45 MIN
- Season with salt; stir in most of the chives. Top with remaining chives before serving.Cre
PREP: 10 MIN TOTAL: 45 MIN
Combine potatoes, half-and-half, and butter in a large saucepan; season with salt. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer very gently, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender (the tip of a paring knife meets no resistance) and sauce is thick, 25-35 minutes.
Season with salt; stir in most of the chives. Top with remaining chives before serving.