Oven Sweet Potato Fries with Fry Sauce
Have you had sweet potato fries? If you haven’t you are in for a real treat here. They are sweet and salty at the same time and crazy good.
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt, paprika, onion powder, chile powder, cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon each garlic powder, black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon each garlic powder, salt, onion powder, pepper and celery salt
- 3 large sweet potatoes
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from cremedelacrumb.com
Preheat oven to 450˚F.
Wash and dry sweet potatoes. Cut off ends to square potato up, slice potato into planks, then cut into 1/4 inch strips. Place in a large bowl and toss with olive oil to coat.
Mix all the spices together in a small bowl and sprinkle on the potatoes. Spread potatoes in a single layer on a sheet pan and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and turn fries, return to oven for another 10 minutes until golden brown.
While fries are baking, mix together sauce ingredients. The sauce can be made up to a day in advance.
Place the potatoes in a large pot of cold water, add 2 tablespoons of salt and cook until potatoes are tender, but still firm, about 15 minutes. Drain and let cool slightly.
Heat the grill to high.
While the potatoes are cooling, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a small saute pan on the grates of the grill. Add the garlic, thyme and chili flakes and cook until the garlic is just soft, about 45 seconds. Remove from the heat.
Slice each potato in half lengthwise then slice each half into 3 or 4 wedges, depending on the size. Brush the wedges with the remaining 3 tablespoons of oil and season with salt. Grill until lightly golden brown and just cooked through, about 6 minutes. Remove to a platter and immediately toss with the garlic mixture and chopped parsley.
You'll also love
- Blueberry Scones 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Copycat Panera Broccoli Cheese Soup 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Bacon & Onion Foil Packet Potatoes 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Scalloped Potatoes au Gratin 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Candy Apple Pie 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- True Vanilla Ice Cream 4.5/5 (21 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Casserole 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Gouda Cheese Sauce with Sweet... 4.5/5 (20 Votes)