Warm Apple And Goat Cheese Salad
- 2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar (or red wine vinegar)
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 small garlic clove minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 3 Belgian endives cored, and separated into leaves
- 1 bunch watercress or spinach washed
- 1 Granny Smith apple sliced
- 4 ounces mild goat cheese small log
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
Using a glass jar with a tight lid, combine the vinegar, mustard, garlic, salt, and pepper, and shake well to blend. Add the oil and parsley and shake.
On 4 plates, arrange the endive leaves like spokes around each plate. Arrange the watercress or spinach in the center.
Preheat the broiler, and arrange the sliced apples slightly overlapping in 4 fan shapes, place in broiler pan. Cut the cheese into 4 slices and top each apple fan with slices of cheese. Broil until golden for approximately 5 minutes.
Using a spatula, carefully place the apple slices and cheese on top of the endive. Drizzle the dressing over the salads and sprinkle with walnuts.
This recipe yields 4 servings.