Bedford County Breakfast Casserole
- 7 slices bread trimmed, cubed
- 1 cup diced ham
- 1/3 cup finely-chopped onion
- 2 cups grated medium cheddar cheese
- 7 eggs
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 cups milk
- Sliced tomato for topping
- Chopped chives for topping
Combine milk and eggs and mix well. Fold in remaining ingredients except sliced tomatoes and chives.
Pour into greased 9- by 13-inch pan and top with thin-sliced tomatoes and chives. Refrigerate overnight.
Bake in 325 degree oven for 1 hour in top of oven.
This recipe yields 6 servings.