Broiled Grapefruit w/Ginger and Maple Cream
Good even without the cream. Crystallized ginger is a must!
- 2 large ruby red grapefruit, halved
- 1/2 cup turbinado sugar (I used much less, just a sprinkle)
- 2 t finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 3 T heavy cream
- 1/3 c plain 2% Greek yogurt, reduced fat
- 2 T maple syrup
- 1/4 t vanilla extract
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 18mins
Preheat broiler to high
Place grapefruit halves on baking sheet, cut side up. Sprinkle evenly with sugar and ginger. Broil 8 minutes or until grapefruit begins to char.
Place cream in a chilled medium bowl; beat with a whisk until slightly thickened. Add yogurt, syrup, and vanilla; whisk until fluffy.
Top grapefruit with cream mixture.
*using a metal bowl that's been in the freezer a while and a chilled whisk really helps
You'll also love
- Caprese Arugula Salad 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Sweet and Spicy Shrimp Stir Fry 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Cherry Tomato Tulpis 5/5 (1 Votes)
- waffles, orange-lemon belgian 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Lemon Cream Cheese Bundt Cake with... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Grapes and Cream Fruit Salad 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Salmon Teriyaki with Grapefruit &... 5/5 (1 Votes)