Roasted Cabbage Wedge Salad
Roasting cabbage gives it a new flavor altogether — sweet and tender. Paired with a simple vinaigrette and bits of Pecorino cheese, it’s incredibly satisfying (which you’d never expect from its raw counterpart).
- 1 medium green cabbage
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- Pecorino cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F.
2. Cut the cabbage into 4 wedges (or more slices, if the cabbage is larger – just make sure they are all the same size so they will be cooked through at the same time). Place the wedges on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Drizzle each side of the cabbage with olive oil and sprinkle with kosher salt and fresh ground pepper.
3. Place in the oven and roast until browned on the outside and tender, about 30 minutes total, flipping the wedges at 15 minutes. (The timing will depend on the size, so larger wedges may need a bit more time.)
4. Meanwhile, in a canning jar, combine 4 tablespoons olive oil, 3 tablespoons sherry vinegar, 1 teaspoon mustard, an fresh ground pepper. Shake to combine (or whisk the ingredients together in a small bowl).
5. When the cabbage is done, remove from the oven and place each wedge on a plate. Drizzle with the vinaigrette and top with grated Pecorino cheese.