Carrot Applesauce Bread
I like to double the recipe and once the bread is done cut the loafs in half and freeze to take along on trips or camping.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cups brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 2/3 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 3 cups finely grated carrots
- NOTE: Can add one cup of raisins
Preheat the oven to 350F.
Grease at 9x13 inch baking pan.
Sprinkle the pan with a bit of flour and set aside.
In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs together.
Stir the oil, sugar, vanilla, applesauce and grated carrots into the eggs.
Add the wet ingredients to the dry, stir until just mixed, and pour the batter into the pan.
Bake for 65 to 70 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
When done, allow the cake to sit in the pan for at least 15 minutes.
Store in an airtight container.
You'll also love
- Macaroni and Beef with Cheese 4.3/5 (43 Votes)
- Red Lobster's Cheese Biscuit In A... 3.9/5 (112 Votes)
- Award Winning Peaches and Cream Pie 4.3/5 (48 Votes)
- Pumpkin Cake Frosted with Cinnamon... 4.5/5 (30 Votes)
- White Velvet Layer Cake with... 4.5/5 (31 Votes)
- Crock Pot Chicken, Broccoli &... 4.5/5 (30 Votes)
- Creamy Apple Cranberry Coleslaw 4.5/5 (30 Votes)
- Carrot Cake In A Mug 4.6/5 (19 Votes)